Tuesday, October 25, 2005

txting

Hats off to Dave DelaCosta and Ben Bacon for offering time and thoughts into making what the average man finds impossible, possible. I found a txt program that works off bluetooth and actually downloads the txt files to the computer. Next steps will be to parse the xml file that is the text messaging. Nothing a little perl can't handle... off to read Perl for Dummies, I'm sure I'll learn it all in one night. It's easy right.

Happy that I don't have to trade in the new phone, it's very pretty, but because it didn't work on symbian operating system I was worried I'd have to go returnt his phone for the 3rd time and get a symbian blutooth device. Blue phone elite is the way to go...

All this programming seems really daunting and I'm happy I'me receiving the help I'm getting, but it's still kind of frustrating to ahve all these ideas and knwo what needs to happen, but not be able to make it so. Not out of the woods yet, need to get my new thesis site up, get the system working and a successful test of it, define my prototype for Friday and get cranking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home