Sunday, January 29, 2006

me as everyone on tv...

so I was thinking on how to set up the predetermined action and drive it with text messaging, and I think I want to move into using video clips showing the action... A text messages would edit together different pieces and segments of video on the fly... along the lines of the borroughs cut up technique.

In terms of content and authorship I was thinking it would all be original footage, but I would play the main character in every piece (along with other actors where needed)... a collection of videos would be shot and the subject for the videos would be based on different genre's of television... news, drama, medical drama, cop show, animated, etc.

I hit a wall because I really don't want to create an improv piece that is held captive to the timing of texting and action on stage. So using video and non-linear editing techniques in Max I could create a real-time interactive dynamic video installation.

I'd also like to think of incorporating live cameras into the piece, thus I could put the user into the piece, or train cameras on still images that also display text messages (like the speech bubble pieces)... These could be located elsewhere in the gallery or a place more remote. perhaps the stills would act as commercials when mixed in with the videos.

the text message that triggers the piece would be used within the piece to add to the meaning. This parts a little foggy.

anyhow... I don't want the potential of an improv clunker that is hit or miss because of response times etc.

I'm working on my production schedule, so let me know if you see something in this, or if you have questions... I think there's still a lot of questioning and pieces that need to fit, but feel this direction is making sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home