Monday, February 27, 2006

the process

txtual healing

I just keep running it through my head... how this or that would work, at what point does it work? completely? I've got to pick a route here.

couple questions:
1. Where does time and space fit into all this? Speed and Politics. This was something I was workinginto my first paper, but I wasn't sure if it was right, because nobody latched onto it, but I think people are beginning to see some of the connection between mobile computing made available for the people and the ability to control our movements, but without our knowing it. Of course virilio's speed and politics was written in regards to the speed of gaining control of the masses through symbol and the notion of freedom. Kind of curious to see the story of 'V' is for vendetta.


2. What's the performance? when does it begin? when does it end? never? it's the eternal text collector. gather items up, pop culture references and keep them stored and timelined.

3. Do I build another form of text messaging performance from the all automated 'simple text', mixing in a human element, human free form improv with the computer taking in text messages.

I made a little abstract music video today. watching the footage of lights at night from my cell phone camera and mixing it with some free form lose acoutsic guitar noodling made a nice little video. All shoton the cell phone, but conscious of capturing street and car lights on a ride home from williamsburg. Some of the other nice rides were uptown in a bus. walk to subway and on subway as well as the little vid of me following people ont he way to school.

It would be nice to have silhouettes of people walking projected on a screen, while one actor is walking along with them... is this part of the crowd or not part of the crowd? where does this guy exist? and what's he looking for? what's he want the crowd to do? put up messages based on questions he asks? get people to answer from both sides of topics and not just the side they believe is right. i find it a bit interesting to have people sit down and have to answer with an arguement used by the other side. hm.

I need to keep making. projecting and thinking about ongoing remote presence, or remote control, or remote behavior... the ability to drop bombs and the ability to be holed up in the white house protected from terrorists, questions, telling the truth, anyoen that might disagree with you.

I mentioned earlier today that maybe I do believe in god afterall, since bush's presidency we've nearly lost a whole city due to natural disaster. This christian can't tame nature. I'm wondering what god sends next, california falling into the sea from an earthquake. or mt st. helens again. Bush has got to get his shit together, cause I think god's angry with him. And I'm sure with Cheney too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home