Tuesday, February 28, 2006

the projection as performance...

txtual healing
Large scale street projections:
email friends and family to come out to participate, it's a free show. Give dates time. etc.

I need to scout locations, I should talk to Evan. I need passersby. Different neighborhoods and ethnic backgrounds... what kind of symbols mean what in different parts of the city. what kind of meaning do certain photos have for people. If they get to put words int he mouths of the people in the images.

projectors, equipment (have most of it and it all works)...

I hope this is interesting. I'm convinced that people would stop and use it... the people in the gallery were into using it... they would watch and then type, and then watch. People could do it from remote locations too... have a image of what will be projected online... along with screening times...

I need content for the images. Commercial signs and billboards, political, religious, pop culture? no sure yet, need to look around and feel this out. start hunting images and scenarios to put bubbles into. Poeple would figure out how it worked... they did at the gallery. I was happy about that. I owe Scott Paterson a big thanks for taking some time out to chat about the piece that was going to go in fellissimo. Ever wonder if people are pushing you towards seomthing and they know what it is, but won't tell you? But you get the answer yourself. And that's what they ahd intended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home